MacScan designed exclusively for Mac OS X, and including full support for Apple’s latest release of OS X 10.11–provides protection against the continued growth of malware by offering advanced detection and removal of security and privacy threats.
MacScan makes it easy to protect against malware with an intuitive interface and enhanced scan capabilities. Automatic malware definition updates ensure that you’re protected against the latest threats, and scheduled scans can keep tabs on your computer’s security even when you’re not there. When it comes to privacy threats, MacScan can automatically remove blacklisted tracking cookies or clean files left behind by popular web browsers, saving disk space and erasing private data.
- Protection against Malware Threats: Avoid getting hit with malware. MacScan offers four unique ways to scan for malware, including a new Smart Scan feature that targets locations where malware is known to hide, saving time and computer resources.
- Internet Clutter Cleanup: Remove unnecessary files left behind by web browsers to free up valuable hard drive space and eliminate private data. Expanded cleaning options give you complete control and customization when it comes to your privacy protection.
- Scheduled Scans and Automated Cleaning: MacScan has a built-in scan scheduler that gives you complete control to choose when a scan should automatically run, and allows you to configure different scans to run at different times. If you’re looking for a quick solution to tracking cookies, MacScan has an automatic cookie cleaning feature that will target and remove blacklisted tracking cookies when you are done surfing the net, leaving the rest of your cookies in place — no user interaction required!
- Malware Definition Updates: MacScan automatically checks for malware definition updates before each scan, so you can easily stay up-to-date with protection against the latest Mac malware threats targeting OS X.
- Expanded Tracking Cookie Cleaning Options: MacScan comes loaded with detection capabilities for a huge number of known tracking cookies (over 25,000 and counting!), with a database that is updated on a regular basis. If there is are specific cookies that you want to keep, or ones that you always want to remove, you can now specify a custom whitelist and blacklist for cookies on your system.